Qitian Zeng, Ph.D. Student
I received my Bachelor in Economics with minor in Math in 2014 from Nankai University in China and Master of Mathematical Finance in 2016 at Illinois Tech. I started PhD in Computer Science in 2017 at Illinois Tech.
- UPE Honorable Mention Award (2018)
TeachingI have been TA for the following courses:
- 2017 Fall: CS425 - Database Organization
- 2018 Fall: CS425 - Database Organization
Research ProjectsI am involved in the following research projects:
- GProM - A database-independent middleware for computing the provenance of queries, updates, and transactions
CollaboratorsThrough these research projects I am collaborating with:
- Dieter Gawlick - Oracle
- Oliver Kennedy - SUNY Buffalo
- Vasudha Krishnaswamy - Oracle
- Venkatesh Radhakrishnan
- Zhen Hua Liu - Oracle
Going Beyond Provenance: Explaining Query Answers with Pattern-based Counterbalances
Zhengjie Miao, Qitian Zeng, Boris Glavic and Sudeepa Roy
Proceedings of the 44th International Conference on Management of Data (2019), pp. 485–502.
CAPE: Explaining Outliers by Counterbalancing
Zhengjie Miao, Qitian Zeng, Chenjie Li, Boris Glavic, Oliver Kennedy and Sudeepa Roy
Proceedings of the VLDB Endowment (Demonstration Track). (2019).
GProM - A Swiss Army Knife for Your Provenance Needs
Bahareh Arab, Su Feng, Boris Glavic, Seokki Lee, Xing Niu and Qitian Zeng
IEEE Data Engineering Bulletin. 41, 1 (2018) , 51–62.